'Tis the season to be jolly, and what better way to spread the holiday cheer than spreading it far and wide for all to see!
The holiday season is a time for fun and celebration, and your social media feeds should be no exception. In this blog post, we'll guide you on how to craft a festive social media calendar to keep your audience informed and engaged. However, if the year is getting away from you feel free to reach out to us and we can manage your end of year socials for you! Here’s our top three tips for your December content!
A Year in Review
One of the most engaging ways to kick off your holiday social media calendar is with a "Year in Review" to reflect on the highlights, milestones, and achievements your organisation has accomplished throughout the year.
It’s a wonderful way to show the human side of your brand by acknowledging your team's hard work and personality.
- Create a video highlighting your brand's journey throughout the year
- Share a thread of tweets summarising the year's milestones
- Create a post detailing the company's achievements and industry contributions with various photos of your team
- Create a series of posts in the lead up to Christmas highlighting a new highlight or achievement each day
12 Days of Christmas
On the fourth day of Christmas my true love gave to me four friends a-sharing, three snap streaks snapping, two retweets trending, and a "like" on my post!
The 12 Days of Christmas song, is well known across the globe so why not add your own twist to it on social media?
Over the course of 12 days, share content that represents your brand whether that is featuring unique offers, behind-the-scenes content, or fun holiday facts. It’s a fantastic way to jump on board a fun time of year and make it uniquely your own.
- Use Stories to share daily surprises or giveaways
- Post a daily tweet with a special hashtag to track the campaign's progress
- Create a holiday related quiz for followers
- Share a tip each day leading up to Christmas showing the brands knowledge of your industry
Capture the essence of the season with candid and heartwarming glimpses into your brand's holiday celebrations. Share images and stories of your team decorating the office, celebrating at the Christmas party, or simply enjoying the festive spirit.
- Use Stories for sharing fun moments from your holiday celebrations
- Post a photo slideshow to capture the various festive activities
- Film a short Tik Tok asking team members what they are doing during the holidays
- Share the Christmas-themed campaigns you are working on
Overall, a well-structured social media calendar can make your brand stand out during the holiday season while keeping your followers engaged and excited.
Here are some bonus tips to keep in mind when posting this festive season:
- Don't forget to tailor your content to each platform
- Schedule posts to keep your social channels active even if you aren’t in the office
- Give your profile picture a Christmas touch, a Santa hat perhaps?
- Always post with a visual element
- Always include a Call to Action
If you want to learn more about how to making the best use out of your social media channels, feel free to enquire about our social media services here. We’d love to help you spread some Christmas cheer this December!